10 Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranates are among the healthiest fruits on Earth. They contain a range of beneficial plant compounds, unrivaled by other foods. Studies have shown that they may have several benefits for your body, possibly lowering your risk of various diseases.
Here are 10 evidence-based health benefits of Pomegranate Juice:
1. Pomegranates Are Loaded With Important Nutrients including Fiber, Protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate and Potassium.
2. Pomegranates Contain Two Plant Compounds With Powerful Medicinal Properties including Punicalagins which are extremely potent antioxidants found in pomegranate juice and peel. As well as Punicic acid, found in pomegranate seed oil, is the main fatty acid in the arils.
3. Pomegranate Has Impressive Anti-Inflammatory Effect, which reduces the risk of heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and even obesity.
4. Pomegranate May Help Fight Prostate Cancer as shown in Laboratory studies that suggest that pomegranate extract may slow cancer cell reproduction and even induce apoptosis, or cell death, in cancer cells.
5. Pomegranate May Also be Useful Against Breast Cancer as it may inhibit the reproduction of breast cancer cells — even killing some of them.
6. Pomegranate May Lower Blood Pressure as in n one study where people with hypertension had a significant reduction in blood pressure after consuming 5 ounces (150 ml) of pomegranate juice daily for two weeks (15).
7. Pomegranate May Help Fight Arthritis and Joint Pain as show in laboratory studies that suggest that pomegranate extract can block enzymes that are known to damage joints in people with osteoarthritis.
8. Pomegranate Juice May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease as shown in a 4-week study in 51 people with high triglyceride levels showed that 800 mg of pomegranate seed oil per day significantly lowered triglycerides and improved the triglyceride-HDL ratio.
9. Pomegranate Juice May Help Treat Erectile Dysfunction as shown in a study in 53 men with erectile dysfunction, pomegranate appeared to have some benefit — but it was not statistically significant.
10. Pomegranate May Improve Exercise Performance as shown in a study in 19 athletes running on a treadmill showed that one gram of pomegranate extract 30 minutes before exercise significantly enhanced blood flow, delaying the onset of fatigue and increasing exercise efficiency.
The challenge is extracting Promegranat Juice from the actual Pomegranate. Our recommendation is to use The DNA Citrus Juicer to press Juice from Pomegranates that have been halved. A very simple and effective way to get your daily dose of Pomegranat Juice. More info here: https://www.juicers.co.za/product/dna-citrus-juicer/